Re: Moral Serial # Question

To: Wyngaarden@aol.com
Subject: Re: Moral Serial # Question
From: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 09:54:31 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 9 May 1996 Wyngaarden@aol.com wrote:

>      Does anyone think that it is wrong, illegal or immoral to change the
> letter designating the color?
>      Thanks for the input.

Absolutely.  First off, altering any component of the VIN# will get you
into BIG BIG legal trouble in most parts of the US.  If you live somewhere
that issues titles, your title will no longer match the VIN... and you
will be unable to sell or register the vehicle.

Also, it's *morally wrong* because you will be distorting the resale value
of the car.  The bloke who buys the car from you will be *taken* for the
difference between the car's *actual* value and what you're selling it
for, with "matching numbers".

Please don't do these kinds of things to your fellow LBC enthusiasts.  I'm
an honest person, and I would expect to be treated as such, not screwed
around.

Bill
'71 MGB (red, but ghod knows what the original color was) daily driver

--
billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill Duetschler)
"Yesterday, apropos of nothing, one friend said to me 'Do you ever have