Re: Moral Serial # Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moral Serial # Question
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 04:29:45, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Dave: I would vote immoral and probably illegal.  We recently had the
owner of a legitimate restoration shop here in Texas come through the
courts charged with " Alteration of a Motor vehicle Identification
Number" a third degree felony.  His shop removed the ID plate to paint
under it .  Yes this criminal act was discovered by a special section
of the police department which patrols body shops to insure they are
not using stolen parts .

Bob Noguiera" Your Tax Dollars at Work"

> Date: Thursday, 09-May-96 09:49 AM
>
> From: Wyngaarden@aol.com       \ America On-Line: (Wyngaarden)
> To:   Bob Nogueira             \ PRODIGY:     (NKED65A)
>
> Subject: Moral Serial # Question
>
> Hey All!
>      I would like to know some of your opinions on my following moral
> dilemma.  Let's say for instance you are doing a restoration on an MG
that
> has the color stated in the car's serial number. You have decided to
> change colors but still go with an MG color that was offered the same
> year. As part of the restoration you are of course replacing the
serial
> number plate because it is faded.
>      Does anyone think that it is wrong, illegal or immoral to change
the
> letter designating the color?
>      Thanks for the input.
>
>                                                                  Dave