Dry (Alomost!!) Rockers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dry (Alomost!!) Rockers
From: Dave Gropper <dave_gropper@rl.gov>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 09:12:13 -0700
I've just acquired a '73 'B' which hadn't been run  for
about 4 years. (Lots' of work to do!!) I changed oil/filter,
did the carbs. etc.,etc. Problem is that very little oil is
getting to the rocker assembly. Oil pressure is better than
60 psi at idle but running at 2000 rpm I get about 1 drop of oil
every 2-3 secs from the screwed plug end of the rocker shaft.
Oil just appears to be 'weeping' out of the rocker arm bushes!!!

Obviously an oil passage is blocked/obstructed. Anybody got any
suggestion on how to clear it?? Brand of Flushing oil?, Kereosene?,
oil/transmission fluid mix?, Coat Hanger?, judicious application
of high explosive???

Dave Gropper
e89412@trantor.rl.gov

"Old Age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Skill"
                Work Colleague's Motto