RE: MGB Ignition help

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Ignition help
From: "Unger, Larry @ MAN" <UNGERL@Reston.UnisysGSG.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 96 20:51:00 EDT
[snip] ...
>By a process of elimination I discovered I have a
>high resistance between the coil wire connector in
>the top center outside the cap and the spring loaded
>plunger inside that rides on the rotor. Cannot seem to
>get a good reading, currently about 20K ohm.  Anybody
>out there with a good cap that can tell me for sure that
>this reading is too high?

Just happen to have two new, still in the box, Lucas dizzy
caps for the 'A'  ... same as on the 18G/18GA/18GB...
set the ohm meter to Rx1K ... and was able, after a little
wiggling of the probes, to get 0 ohm resistance between
the screw for the coil wire and the spring loaded contact
for the rotor.

>The cap and contacts look real good and I'd hate to
>have to replace it needlessly.

Sounds like a new one will solve the problem ... if not, it
never hurts to have a spare ... or two <g>.

Larry Unger
ungerl@reston.unisysgsg.com