Re: MGB Ignition help

To: Simon.MATTHEWS@st.com
Subject: Re: MGB Ignition help
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 19:19:32 -0700
>     Ross, your distributor ought to finction quite happily with an open
>     circuit (as measured by an ohmmeter), so 20Kohms does not neccessarily
>     imply it is bad.

.......snip.....

>     PS. you may have a bad distributor cap -- I'm just pointing out that
>     the evidence you have presented so far is not sufficient to convict!

Thanks Simon,

The cap WAS the problem.  It was convicted on circumstancial evidence and
summarily executed yesterday.

As a point of interest the resitance on the new cap at the same junction was
almost nill, around 4 ohms I think.

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT (running, ready, but not
insured....)