RE: MGB Ignition help

To: "Unger, Larry @ MAN" <UNGERL@Reston.UnisysGSG.COM>
Subject: RE: MGB Ignition help
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 18:13:14 -0700
>Just happen to have two new, still in the box, Lucas dizzy
>caps for the 'A'  ... same as on the 18G/18GA/18GB...
>set the ohm meter to Rx1K ... and was able, after a little
>wiggling of the probes, to get 0 ohm resistance between
>the screw for the coil wire and the spring loaded contact
>for the rotor.

Thanks Larry,
 The best I could do was 21K at the same junction.  As you suggest a new cap
fixed me right up.  Unfortunately the old one won't serve as a spare.  It's
only future is as a desk top pencil holder.

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT (running, but not ready....)