Re: b*tch and moan: safety inspections

To: Steve Patchel <spatchel@radford.com>
Subject: Re: b*tch and moan: safety inspections
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 21:33:53 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Steve Patchel wrote:

> I agree with government's approach, I think you just missed the point---Its
> just all very Zen. One has only to imagine that these parts work.
>
> "Ah Grasshopper, have you not followed any of the lessons, we have taught
> you?" Does not the great god, Lucas, smile on the fan motor on a cold night?
> Does he also not give his blessings to the coil on a long trip? The head
> lamp switch on a dark night? How could you not see the connection! The
> failure can only be ours for not showing you the path to enlightenment.

Hmmmm...............  I see how I might not have understood this
approach.  The closest I have come to Zen is to read the first half of
Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance about 8 times.
Somehow, I tend to reach a different level of being, in which how the
book ends doesn't matter, before I reach the end of the book, if you know
what I mean.

I do relate, however, to the concept that the last screw is always the
one that won't budge, and I have felt my gumption drain out on many
occasions.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910