Re: Wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 16:45:28 -0400
I have received further inquiry about the bolt-on wheel to splined hub
adapter idea, along with the offer of a used wire wheel and splined axel hub
as samples.  I am a mechanical design engineer, do this sort of design work
regularly, and have contacts with several machine shops that make such parts
as prototype and small production quantities.  I intend to investigate the
feasibility of such a part.  If it can be done, I will draw up the prints and
get some quotes for fabrication in limited quantities.  No obligation to
anyone, just a firm price if it can be done.

Now, if these adapters could be made for no more than twice the price of a
standard splined hub, would there be any more interest?

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA