RE: K&N Air Filters

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: K&N Air Filters
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 11:51:00 -0700 (PDT)
Buy the cleaner and oil. Get a pan the size of the footprint of the filter
when you lay it with the dirty pleates side down. Pour enough fluid in the
pan to just reach the top of the pleates. It is very important that non of
the cleaning fluid gets on the clean side of the filter. lay the filter
dirty side down in the fluid and wiggle it a bit to agitate the fluid. Keep
rotating it dirty side down till it is clean all the way around. Now rinse
it with a hose pouring the wather through the clean side of the filter.
Never shoot presurized water through the filter. If it was really dirty you
can repeat the process then let it dry and re-oil the filter. To re-oil the
filter squirt a bead of oil all the way around the filter along one of the
edges. Place the filter on a table with the oiled edge on top and the oil
will wick through the filter. It should look pink when you're all done.

fluid level
               filter pleates

Christopher Reichle