Re: K&N Air Filters

To: "Mark Shone" <shone@singnet.com.sg>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: K&N Air Filters
From: tiltonj@erols.com (Jay Tilton)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 07:21:11 +0600
Mark Shone wrote:
>My car is fitted with K&N air filters which look like they are in desperate
>need of cleaning.  Do I need to buy the special cleaning fluid and oil are
>there any alternatives?

K&N specifically recommends against cleaning the filter with any solvent.
Since the filter element is cotton, I've been using regular laundry
detergent in a bucket of water to clean mine.  I just stir the filter around
in the soapy water a good bit, rinse under water from the inside out, let
dry, then re-oil with K&N's own filter oil.
--
Jay Tilton  |  tiltonj@erols.com