Re: More fuel pump questions...

To: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: More fuel pump questions...
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 11:53:29 +0000
Jason,
Believe me this IS your fuel pump.
I know because my good wife Rita and I experienced this same thing
while on our way up to Canada for the Petersboro meet a couple of
years ago.
Well, all was well after putting our 64 B into mechanical shape after
finding it sitting for over 20 years! That's another story.
An hour on the road and the symptoms you describe start in. Car
stumbles, dies on thruway. Get out, hit NEW fuel pump, ticks and we're
away....for a couple of miles and same scenario again. Well, tiring of
crawling on my back, I get an idea. We get to a rest area and I run
around asking people for a length of rope(bungee cord stretches). Some
kind soul obliges so I tie one end around the fuel pump, pass the
other end to Rita through the window, start the car and go. Next time
the symptoms occur, I yell "PULL", Rita yanks on the rope, the pump
pumps and we get to Canada and back that way. Of course Rita developed
this massive Popeye arm over the trip but it's OK now.
Trust me, Jason, it's the fuel pump, whether new or rebuilt!

Dave Houser