Re: Boy I could use some advice

To: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>, hansen@cadetmail.uscga.edu,
Subject: Re: Boy I could use some advice
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 09:56:11 -0700
At  6:32 PM 9/28/96 +0000, Paul Hunt wrote:
>>I'm trying to decide wether to restore it or sell it and am looking
>>for some help.....how much is toomuch to spend....
>
>What do you want to do?  If you would dearly love to own, restore and
>drive it then keep it until you CAN restore it, even bit
>by bit, and particularly if you can keep it under cover.  Take the
>long view, don't be one of those people who, in a few years time,
>keep saying over and over to themselves "If only ...".  MGs will be
>around long after you and I are gone (Governments permitting) and
>yours may well give you more pleasure in the future than getting it
>sorted now, particularly with the family connection.
>
>Just my tuppence-worth.
>

>PaulH
>73 Roadster (HD&H)
>75 V8 (DD)
Paul,

        Just having got my 71 BGT back from a week in the paint shop, I'd
say that restoration on a time and cash permitting basis is definitely
worth it.  My car still needs a lot of work, but it just looks so great now
that the paint has been done.  I really want to get all the interior/engine
work finsihed that still need to be taken care of.  My car is parked on the
street, and I was afraid that if I did the engine, etc. first, the body
would be too rusty to be worth it.  By the way, my concession to the family
was to buy an MGBGT after my first MG was totalled.  Put seat belts in the
back well, and it lasted until my youngest son was 9 and started hitting
his head on the ceiling.  Good luck.
                                Nina