re:Two cylinders run rich??

To: mhartwig@odin.cbu.edu
Subject: re:Two cylinders run rich??
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 15:38:40 PT
>Any ideas, everybody.  I took a look at the plugs in my '78 B and the two
>plugs from the 1 and 4 cylinders have a black soot on them, indicating

One of my favorite tests to run is best done at night with no moon or
street lights.  Start the car, open the hood, and look for arcing between
spark plug wires, or between the wires and any nearby metal, or around the
distributor cap.  I've seen some cars with bad wires and micro-cracked caps
that look like some Frankenstein experiment with all the arcing bouncing
around under the hood.  Humidity or lack thereof might affect your
findings.

Just one cheap and sometimes fun test to find or rule out one potential
problem.

Have fun,

mike.