Re: FW: Engine Rebuild

To: "David M. Hall" <dhall@vcd.hp.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Engine Rebuild
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 22:00:26 -0500
David M. Hall wrote:

> I keep hearing about getting a completely rebuilt
> engine from somewhere..  Where are these places?
> Are they in the States?
>
> Dave (Drooling over a new engine) Hall

Dave -
        I've joined the MG Owners Club in the UK - they publish a monthly
magazine "Enjoying MG".  They also have a Spares Department that sells
parts at club prices that are lower than prices here in the US.  They
show complete engines for sale.  5-main leadfree enginers are 595.00
UKPounds = $910.35 at $1.53 per UKPound.  Doesn't say how complete the
engines are, but would guess this is more than just a short block, since
you have the choice of leadfree or standard.  This is probably exchange
pricing - you would have to contact them to find out and also what the
shipping costs and procedures would be.  Reconditioned heads are 199
UKPounds = $304.00  Their phone number is (01954) 230928, fax is (01954)
231923.  They have a Web site at
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgoc/index.html

        I haven't personally ordered anything from them, but I have heard/read
from others who have been favorably impressed by the quality and
service.

Wayne Kube
'79B
Plano, TX