RE: Warm Running Sprite

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: RE: Warm Running Sprite
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 27 Oct 96 23:52:52 GMT
Someone on Monday's digest was considering the possibility of using a
Cooper type engine cooling fan on a Sprite.  In a word, DON'T TRY IT.
 The Cooper (mini, Austin America, MG 1100) type fans are designed to
blow air out of the engine bay through the side mounted radiator, not to
pull air in.  Many years ago, I worked on a Bugeye with a cooling
problem that got worse the faster you drove.  This drove us crazy
trying to diagnose it until we walked in front of the car while it
was idling...and felt a breeze coming out of the grille!  The reverse
flow fan would effectively prevent any airflow through the radiator.

Hope this helps, PK

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com

(916) 355-5162