Re: MGB Fire Sale!

To: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Fire Sale!
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996 09:13:18 -0800
S. L. Hower wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Jim Boyd wrote:
>
> > Yes, I have tachs.  In 1975, they went to a smaller diameter gauge.
> > What year car is this going on?  The o/d does not effect the tach,
>
>   Oops.  I meant Speedo, not tach.  I *may* need an O/D speedo from a
>   chrome bumper car (it is going into a 73 B).  I've been told
>   that this might not work, as later LH O/D's will not read correctly
>   with an early SPEEDO (the speedo gear in the late LH OD has 20 vs 21
>   teeth, or vice -versa, I fotget which).  I'll get the list consensus
>   and let you know.
>
>   --Scott
>
>    Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
>    Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.        'Its better to be silent and
>    7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA     thought a fool than speak and
>    (610) 481-2646                         remove all doubt' --A. Lincoln

Hey Scott:

As far as the speedo situation you've mentioned above, here is my input!

I basically use the speedo to fill a hole in my dash!  I can figure that
based on the tach, if I'm at 3K, I'm going about 60mph and so on.  This
has worked and so far, no tickets to show!  If anything, I'd take my
speedo and has it rebuilt to the correct specs so I'd know what I have!

Cheers,
Jim