Re: Sprite/Midget Body Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sprite/Midget Body Question
From: roethler@cadetmail.uscga.edu (Brust)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 12:01:25 -0500
Yes they are completely interchangeable-- you can make a true spridget by
just buying a fiberglass bonnet and changing it with the wings and hood of
the midget.  You can also buy a square body one piece front end.  The
reason that most people don't just put a bugeye front on a midget and call
it a bugeye is that the rear bodywork of a bugeye is different-- no trunk
and more rounded than that of the midgets and sprite mk IIs.

  On an additional note, there are a few different front ends you can buy
for the spridgets-- of course the bugeye, the square body, a speedwell
streamliner bonnet (very good looking on a bugeye), I've seen a 'cobra'
style front end (quuestionable looks), and of course the arkely (looking
kinda like a lotus 7 front end, but not close enough --> read: ugly).
There is also the walker bonnet, which is a bugeye bonnet without the
headlights-- they are moved outboard and put in the fenders. I have never
seen a good picture or seen one in person to say if they look good or not.
 It seems like anyone with any kind of fiberglass skills makes a different
one.
  I plan to get a square body front end to put on my midget-- think of how
convenient it will be to work on the engine and suspension when all of that
stuff is out of the way.

 Allright, I've wasted enough of your time.....

Brust Roethler
64 Midget
69 Midget

"He who sheds his blood with me today, shall be my brother."
Wm. Shakespeare
CGA RUGBY