Re: Sprite/Midget Body Question

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
Subject: Re: Sprite/Midget Body Question
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 13:06:44 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Kai Radicke wrote:

> Saturaday I was looking at a picture of a Austin-Healey Bugeye (Frogeye)
> Sprite and a picture of a chrome bumpered MG Midget.  I looked at the
> bodies and I wondered if the Bonnet of the Sprite would be interchangable
> with the front end of the Midget?
>
> I guess you would have to remove the hood and fenders of the Midget, but
> then after that would it be a direct swap.

You have to add the struts that hold the bonnet open, and stuff like
that, but you can definitely do it.  The only fundamental difference I
know of is that the box sprites and midgets had a flange around the inner
fender to fill the space between the inner fender and the later outer
fenders.  This will foul the bugeye bonnet, so it probably needs to be
removed.

I understand that some extra
> fittings would be needed but is it really as simple as I think it is.
> After all the Midget is esentially a Sprite.
>
> Do they make Fiberglass Sprite bonnets?

Yes.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910