Re: alternator woes

To: ajwillia@ua1vm.ua.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: alternator woes
From: OSCALETA99@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 22:55:35 -0500
Dammit  I think I have the same thing - I just finished seven weeks of
reuphoulstering the interior of my 72B - (and bloody fine it looks too!) -
after i replaced the ($700) seats I was ready for a spin - and knowing the
battery was flat from 7 weeks of open doors i jumped it - started and ran
fine, went for a spin to charge it and the following day it was dead - red
light out all the time..... - jumped again, drove 55 miles - dead

Now the battery is only six months old and the alternator "seems" ok -

so........?  help us you mechanical types. I can fit any trim to anyones car
but im a babe in arms when the whirrly bits wont work!!

mike robson
69 roadster
72 roadster
73 BGT