Re: B vs. BGT

To: Bill Schleusner <b-schleusner@.ti.com>
Subject: Re: B vs. BGT
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:35:22 -0800
At 04:03 PM 11/26/96 -0600, you wrote:

>Healeys? Are parts for the BGT any more difficult to find?  I found very few
>parts unavailable for my '80LE, which was very nice.  Any help from BGT owners
>would be greatly appreciated.
>
>BTW Deutsch, I've been an enthusiast for the last 25 years even though I may
>not have owned LBCs for that entire period.

Hi Bill,

I've owned roadsters, GT's, Spidgets and assorted other LBC's for over
twenty years and I too consider myself an enthusiast. The entire time there
was at least one MG around the place, 4 being the maximum at any one time.

Regarding parts for GT's I've found that there's very little I can't get
brand new.  Notable exceptions are front fenders for the earlier cars.  I
understand that the only difference in the fenders, early vs. later,  is the
placement of the side marker lights and, since I'm not a concours type,
that's not a major issue for me.

As much as I love the roadster (I've had three, one brand new) there's just
something about the GT I really like.  Perhaps it's a little bit more
serious, more mature.  On the other hand I simply HAVE to have a topless LBC
for those days that scream for top-down-ness.  If I could only have one, I'd
have it without the roof.

If you're serious about a GT go for it.  Parts availablity won't be an issue.

(OK list, I'm ready for the "serious, more mature." flak.  Have at it.)
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT