Re: B vs. BGT

To: Bill Schleusner <b-schleusner@.ti.com>
Subject: Re: B vs. BGT
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 18:04:04 -0800
Yo Bill,

I got a thing for hood down driving so a GT isn't even an option I'd
concider. But I will tell you my experiences and observations. I've
been approached by sellers of GTs several times and I found that, in my
neck of the woods, I can get a very nice GT for $3,500 and a roadster
in same condition would run $6,000. Parts are relatively the same
availability as a B. Hot, Hot, Hot ask anyone who did Indy in one.

BTW you need not convince me of your enthusiasum for LBC but of coarse
if it helps you convince yourself I'm all ears. I mean nobody any harm
and would give most the shirt off my back. But if you want to get hot
around the collar, then I recommend you continue to take my sarcasism
to heart and buy the GT.

You wrote:

>Fellow SOLers,
I am considering another MGB.

>My other conundrum is B vs. BGT. I've always liked the looks of both
cars but
>thought a BGT might be nice for a change.  The BGTs are harder to find
and seem
>to command a little higher price for a lesser specimen than the
roadsters. I've
>also heard they are extremely hot (living in Texas all cars are hot).
By hot
>is everyone referring to the hardtop, or are they inherently hot, a la
the big
>Healeys? Are parts for the BGT any more difficult to find?  I found
very few
>parts unavailable for my '80LE, which was very nice.  Any help from
BGT owners
>would be greatly appreciated.
>
>BTW Deutsch, I've been an enthusiast for the last 25 years even though
I may