Re: B vs. BGT

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>,
Subject: Re: B vs. BGT
From: "BILL SCHOOLER" <bschooler@uhd2.uhd.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 16:39:01 EST
Dave Houser wrote:

<Regarding the B vs. GT choice , do what I did for the best of both
<world's and put a factory folding roof in the GT! Britax Webasto is
<the supplier and you can find a gentleman in Hemmings who sells the
<NOS parts you'll need.

Dave, I disagree about your referring to the folding roof as a
"factory" option.  When I had a Tudor Webasto sunroof put in my '69
GT, I took it to their aftermarket shop in London, where it was
installed.  To my knowledge, this was never a proper factory option,
but a great number of British cars had one installed.  If wrong (and
I have been known to be!) I'll be only too ready to stand corrected.
But I do agree with you about the joy of the sunroof - I think we
have almost the best of both worlds with that configuration.  (And
I'll been told by attendees that the GT owners at INDY 96 were more
comfortable in the hot sun than the folks in roadsters.)

Bill