Re: Dan Hughes Day

To: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: Dan Hughes Day
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 14:58:52 -0500 (EST)
   Good idea- and if it helps prevent someone else from 'Doing a Dan',
   so much the better ;-)

   (ob. Dan Hughes Day dumb thing follows: )

   Whilst removing the engine from an old LGC, I chained the engine
   up to the hoist, and undid all of the mounting bolts.  Confident
   that the engine was free, I pumped the jack handle- pump, pump,
   Pump, PUMP.  Hmmm- this seems awful heavy for such a puny engine.
   Oh, duh, heres the problem- forgot to undo this bolt right here
   AND HOLY#@&% I HAVE A FACE FULL OF ENGINE as it rapidly parts
   company with the chassis.  Luckily, the only thing damaged was my
   pride.  I now have *immense* respect for jacks and hoists- lotsa
   energy stored up in these beasts.

   --Scott

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.        'Its better to be silent and
   7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA     thought a fool than speak and
   (610) 481-2646                         remove all doubt' --A. Lincoln