Re: Dan Hughes day

To: <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: Dan Hughes day
From: "David Littlefield" <dmeadow@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 17:53:07 -0500
You wrote:

>Maybe only T type and MGA owners will appreciate. More then once
>while waiting for a train to pass or a draw bridge to close, I have
>shut off the engine in the TF. After time has passed, and the traffic
>has started, I pull the starter, it cranks, but doesn't catch. I then
>push the car to the side of the road with the usual embarassment, and
>after checking everything does it dawn on me that I forgot to turn on
>the ignition.

I'm glad I'm not the only that has done this.  I really impressed a date
one time with my ability to quick-fix my MGA.  It wouldn't start, I opened
the hood puzzled, sat back down in the car, saw the key, turned it, started
the car, closed the hood.  The girl thought I was a car god, good thing she
didn't know what an idiot I was.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX