Re: Attention Ca. LBC owners

To: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Subject: Re: Attention Ca. LBC owners
From: tckeith@sonic.net (Keith Langan)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 18:38:09 -0800

>Notice:   "Vote:  majority.  Appropriation:  no.  Fiscal committee:  yes.
> State-mandated local program:  no."
>
>I read this to mean:
>  a.) The bill passed
>  b.) No money to go with it.
>  c.) Committee deems it financially sound.  (no cost)
>  d,) States can legislate against it.
>
>I think that means it's not enforceable in California.  Any opinions?
>
>Barney Gaylord
>1958 MGA in Illinois

The notices are nothing more than the usual indicators attached to all
pending bills in the California legislature.  SB42 has not passed yet,
rather "vote: majority" refers to the vote required for passage (majority
versus 2/3); "Appropriation: No" means that it will require no funds to be
spent by the state if it passes.  Fiscal Committee: Yes" means it must be
reviewed and approved by the fiscal committee (why if it has no
appropriation impact I'm not at all sure); "state mandated local program:
no" means no local programs will be required to be implemented if this
passes.  If passed this will indeed be the law, at least in California.

Keith E. Langan
tckeith@sonic.net
1947 MGTC
1971 MGB