Re: Attention Ca. LBC owners

To: Engelhardt <engel@metro.net>
Subject: Re: Attention Ca. LBC owners
From: J Perkins <perky@apci.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 22:35:09 -0600
Engelhardt wrote:

> Email addresses for senators or assembly members and legislative
> information can be found on the web at
> http://www.ca.gov/gov/legisca.html.
>
> Ron
> 58 MGA

Thanks for the URL Ron, it was very helpful. I am a No. Calif Resident
in the USAF currently stationed in Illinois. Without the "heads up" on
this proposed legislation and your URL to get me to the right person, I
wouldn't have had the chance to voice my opinion. I'm pasteing the gist
of my email below for anyone to use as a guide should they be interested
in contacting their representative or senator.

Thanks again,
Jeff Perkins
56 MGA

> Dear Senator/Representative ??????????,
>
> Please allow me a moment of your time to convey my support for SB42.
>
> As the owner of a classic automobile I am very much interested in the passage
>of SB42.  I feel that maintaining these older cars preserves a large portion
>of our rich history and heritage.  They also represent a sizable chunk of
>metal and other waste products which would otherwise inhabit junk yards and
>landfills!
>
> I don't feel imposing restrictive SMOG requirements will gain anything
>substantial if these vehicles were subjected to compliance anyway. The loving
>care usually bestowed on them usually includes a great deal of attention to
>the engine and its condition as well as it's appearance. We all know that a
>properly tuned engine emits very little SMOG, and classic car owners are
>usually committed to getting only top performance from their engine.
>Especially since replacement parts are hard to find when out for those long
>rides!
>
> I realize I have a vested interest in this legislation. I am not a very
>wealthy person having inhereted my classic, and thus may find myself having to
>part with a family heirloom if expensive regluations are imposed. I can only
>hope that the logic of my argument persuades you of the importance in the
>passage of this bill.
>
> I therefore request your support when this bill comes to a vote.

Safety Fast  Y'all
;-)