Re: No clutch no more.

To: nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk, as@boris.umds.ac.uk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No clutch no more.
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 08:51:18 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-01-13 08:59:06 EST, nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk (Nick Pitt)
writes:

<< If the cylinder is leaking then replace it. Repair kits
 are really only suitable for maintaining cylinders at the recomended service

 intervals. I have used them for repairs in the past to leaking cylinders and

 never achieved a lasting repair. >>

Nick,

I put about 12,000 a year on my MGB and my son about the same on his Midget.
We've both gotten good results with rebuid kits, as I say, If the bore's in
good shape. (i. e. smooth and straight after honing). When I can get another
three years or more, of everyday service for $8, out of what otherwise costs
$80, for what takes an extra 15 minutes, I don't think that's a too bad a
deal. Besides, I an afford to keep a couple of kits on hand.

R. Johnson - Dallas