Re: No clutch no more.

To: RJohn50603@aol.com
Subject: Re: No clutch no more.
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 12:33:39 -0500 (EST)
At 08:51 AM 1/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 97-01-13 08:59:06 EST, nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk (Nick Pitt)
>writes:
>
><< If the cylinder is leaking then replace it. Repair kits
> are really only suitable for maintaining cylinders at the recomended service
>
> intervals. I have used them for repairs in the past to leaking cylinders and
>
> never achieved a lasting repair. >>
>
>Nick,
>
>I put about 12,000 a year on my MGB and my son about the same on his Midget.
>We've both gotten good results with rebuid kits, as I say, If the bore's in
>good shape. (i. e. smooth and straight after honing). When I can get another
>three years or more, of everyday service for $8, out of what otherwise costs
>$80, for what takes an extra 15 minutes, I don't think that's a too bad a
>deal. Besides, I an afford to keep a couple of kits on hand.
>
>R. Johnson - Dallas

Randy,

I too have had excellent success with rebuild kits for master, slave, rear,
wheel and brake calipers.  I think if one takes their time is sure to clean
the parts and is not trying to rebuild something that is pited and scared
beyond all recognitiion success can be had.

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.