Re: California...

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: Re: California...
From: damitdick@juno.com (W. J. Richard Criswell)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:50:36 EST
On Thu, 23 Jan 1997 11:41:41 -0500 mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John
McEwen) writes:

>Dear Dick, Ray, and List:
>
>I have driven both coastal roads - CA and OR - and thought the roads
were
>great.  However, the scenery was monotonous.  I have never seen so much
>painted aluminum and fiberglass in my life.  All of it was, of course,
>attached to the motor homes, fifth wheels, travel trailers, tent
trailers
>and van conversions which solidly plug the highway during any seasonal
>moment.  Driving such a highway during the top down portion of the year
is
>a monument to 2-lane frustration coupled with moments of sheer terror
when
>frustration leads to desperate moves.
>
>I think I'd rather drive on I-5.
>
>John McEwen

John...

You tried the Oregon Coast at the wrong time of the year. Oregon usually
has a couple of weeks of clear if chilly weather in February. Try it
then! Or for that matter at any other time when it's not tourist season.

Now if I could just convince my fellow Californians that there is nothing
to see, do, enjoy along the Oregon Coast...

Dick 8>)
Vintage Parts & Products
Camarillo, CA
Have MG will travel