Re: California...

To: deboer@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: California...
From: dmeadow@juno.com (David C Littlefield)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 21:36:11 EST
OK, I'll take you up on that!  If you are looking for a curvy, scenic
road within the city of Houston, the best one to take would be Memorial
Ave. all the way downtown, or, alternatively, get on and off I-10 at your
favorite on/off ramp several times.  Every other road within 100 miles is
flat and straight.

However, the Hill Country, with Austin on its southeastern boundary, is
only about a 3 hour drive away.  One of Automobile magazine's "Great
Drives" routes goes west of Austin through the Longhorn Cavern State
Park, the town of Llano, the Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, the
quaint, historic collection of antique shops that is Fredericksburg
(birthplace of Admiral Chester Nimitz), the towns of Kerrville, Medina,
and ends up in (I'm not making this up) Utopia.

How's that?  Want more details, a map, and a list of sights to see?  Then
send me a fax number and I'll even fax the appropriate pages to you.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX

On Thu, 23 Jan 1997 13:44:08 -0800 Jarl/Barol <deboer@pacbell.net>
writds:
 I propose that each reader of the list do the following: