Re: Electric heaters

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: Electric heaters
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 19:09:16 -0700 (MST)
>Fellow Scions, while perusing my weekly issue of the Damark catalog, I
>noticed that they list an "Electric Car Heater"....you plug it into your
>ciggie socket.  Now us T type driver have an occasional need for a little
>heat in the cockpit and this might be an easy way to get some without all the
>plumbing of hot water.  Anyone ever tried one of these things??
>Terry

IMHO, the generators in the old T's don't have enough capacity for such a
heavy load. Did the catalog mention how many amps or watts the heater takes?
Even with a modern alternator, there would only be a couple hundred watts
available at best for accessories. This doesn't sound like much heat to me.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
71 MGB still in shop, 14 months and counting (the TD is winning)