RE: "Zero" Emissions Autos

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: "Zero" Emissions Autos
From: "John Miller" <mil76@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 97 04:23:54 UT
Mike Ellsworth wrote:
Along this line, now that the GM electric cars are being delivered, can
someone comment on how or where you can get them recharged? I imagine you
get a home charging unit with the car, but do they have "public charging
stations" or any such place? Anyone in CA. care to comment?

        I saw a charging station at the new Ontario Mills mega-outlet mall
about 30
miles east of LA.  There were two or three "EV Only" parking spaces with
hookups at the entrance to the mall, right next to the handicapped spaces.
The hookups are free for now, since it's such a novelty.  It makes sense to
put them at malls, since you'll have to stay and shop for four hours before
you get enough juice to make it home.  I've heard that noone is getting the 70
miles GM claimed these things would do on a charge, more like 40 or 50.  That
would serve me great, if I don't mind walking the last 5 miles to work.

John M.
Studio City