Re: Inside the Octagon

To: Blair Engle <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Inside the Octagon
From: stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 08:28:36 -0500
Blair Engle wrote:

> At 01:40 PM 2/1/97 -0500, Leckstein wrote:
> >I had picked up this tape from Britbooks some time ago, but never had an
> >evening to watch it. It was great.
> >
> >I know I have been a nut on this list trying to get people to learn about
> >MG history. I think this marque is one of the greatest because of its
> >history. I know many of you like to work on the cars or just drive them,
> >and can't be bothered reading a history of the origins of MG.
> >
> Hi Mike....
>
> I picked up Inside The Octagon when it came out several years ago.  I have
> watched it several times and YES it is GREAT!!!!
>
> Keep the T type thread going.
>
> Press on regardless,
>
> Blair Engle #199
> 1950 TD
> 1953 TD

I too have watched the video and also the videos from the NEMGT
Register. I watch them for the cars and technical insight. I would
recommend History of the MG, Cklassic MG and the Best of MG also. The MG
Film Library Vol. 1 is a treatise on the TD. Classic Motor Books and
several website advertise these titles. If you order from the UK be sure
to get the VHS NTSC version or you may get the PAL version which our US
video machines can not play properly. You will hear an audio track but
not see a picture.

Cheers,

Steve
52 TD