Re: Inside the Octagon

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Inside the Octagon
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 10:30:07 -0500
The Following is from Gary L Watson. I did not realize that Gary was on
this list, honest, when I wrote about "Inside the Octagon". I asked Gary
for permission to forward  to the whole list, his note to me. He has given
me permission.

The opening of the tape does not have the usual FBI warning and threats
like other tapes, but politely asks that the tape not be duplicated, as the
funds are necessary to carry on this work of an enthusiast. In other words,
Gary has not made this tape to become rich, but rather to preserve and
spread the MG  heritage. His note to me explains his original plans, and
those of us (most of us) with postwar cars would really benefit and enjoy a
tape on the postwar years with the quality and interest devoted to Inside
the Octagon.

In the credits to the tape, a note is made next to all the production staff
that own or owned MGs. It is truly remarkable.

I guess what I am saying, is buy the tape, so Gary can go on with the
project. He did not ask me to say this, and although I have no financial
interest in urging its purchase, I have selfish motivation in wanting more.
Tell your spouse, tell you SO , your parents etc that an ideal gift for
your birthday, anniversary or what ever is a copy of  "Inside the Octagon"
Mike