Re: BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i
From: Wayne Buletza <rwbmg@voyager.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 20:45:34 -0800
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

>      Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 19:46:35 +0000
>      From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
>      Subject: Help from Down Under
>
> G'day,
> Can any of our Australian members to our group help me?
>
> Just looking at an 1988 copy of the "sports & Classic Cars Australia"
> magazine. There is an MGB article dealing with a red 68 B that has a
> front chrome grill guard that comes up from under the bumper and is
> about 8" forward of the grill. Several pictures of a meet with many
> GT's sporting same grill guard.It has an additional horizontal
> crossbar. Looks like it's very good on keeping wayward Kangaroos away
> from the car. In fact, that's probably the Australian version of the
> single bar that Moss sells. Where can I get one and how much?
>
> Thanks mates,
> Dave Houser

AMCO sold these in the states during the 1960's.  These "grill guards'
bolted beneath the bumper and were often referred to as "cow catchers".
I bought one in 1968 - it was a necessitiy living in San Francisco,
especially parking on the 'hilly' streets.  I know it saved my grill
many times!  We live in Michigan now, but I've kept the bar on - mainly
for sentimental reasons.

I haven't seen the bar adverstised anywhere for many years.

Regards,

Wayne Buletza
Charlotee MI