Re:Windscreen Refurbishment

To: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Subject: Re:Windscreen Refurbishment
From: "William L. Singleton" <singleton@ccsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 08:41:10 -0500
>Well, I took the plunge today and took the 72 for safety inspection in
>Darien CT
>(pronounced through clenched teeth to denote its upper-crust image)
>Guess what.......it failed...
>Not for anything important, it passed brakes/lights/steering/body
>integrity etc.
>
>It failed because THERE'S A BLOODY SCRATCH ON THE WINDSCREEN!!

Mike,

Check the Yellow Pages (they do allow tradespeople to advertise in Darien,
don't they?) under Glass - Automotive, Plate, Window, Etc.  (that's what
SNET says in New Britain, but we're working class here).  Even on the Gold
Coast, there should be a couple of firms that advertise glass repair.  If
that fails, ask any used car dealer.  They use glass repair folks a lot.
(My niece's husband wes/is working his way through college doing windshield
repair part time.  He makes relatively good money at it.  He's in
Vancouver, WA however.

Of course, you could try the Eastwood kit first.

  --Bill

Bill Singleton

'52 TD (hers, and -- hopefully -- soon to go under the knife)
'77 MGB (ours, we needed an MG while waiting for the TD)