Re: Windscreen Refurbishment

To: MICHAEL J ROBSON <miker15@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Windscreen Refurbishment
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 22:19:39 -0600
> Somebody told me today that there is a method available that can "polish
> out" scratches on windscreens.

Mike -
        The Eastwood Company 1-800-345-1178 has a windshield glass polishing
kit.  If the scratch is not deep enough to catch your fingernail, then
they claim it can be renewed with the kit.  For $32.99, you get a
polishing wheel that chucks into a drill and a pound of polishing
compound.  Haven't used it myself yet, but want to on my windshield, so
can't give you results.  Seem to remember someone on this list saying it
did work well.  Part number for the kit is 1917.  Good Luck!

--
Keep on keepin' on!

Wayne Kube      wkube@iadfw.net
1979 MGB        http://web2.airmail.net/wkube