Re: Names and all that sort of thing -Reply

To: engconn@infi.net, homestay@infolearn.com.au
Subject: Re: Names and all that sort of thing -Reply
From: John Crawley <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:59:42 -0700
Geoff:
My father-inlaw (deceased) flew Spits in WWII. He arrived late for
the Battle of Br. but did three full tours (93 hrs. of Ops., 305 hrs.
in Spits, ) all in Spits - 3 kills - and never got a scratch. Ended
the war in Mustangs (26 hrs.). I have his RCAF flight jacket and a
copy of his flight log book.
My question to you is there a WWII air field still in existance in
England? I would love to visit one at some time. During training
Frank flew out of a number of Airfields in Canada and I have visited
several of these. Some are now farmers fields and others are quite as
they were in WWII. In Eng. he few from Hawkinge, Twinwood Farm,
Molsworth, Parrenporth, Friston and others. Also were is the best
Spitfire display located?
Thanks
Godspeed
JC