Re: miscellaneous musings; only slight LBC content

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Thomas J Pokrefke <thomas_pokrefke@juno.com>
Subject: Re: miscellaneous musings; only slight LBC content
From: "Steven A. McGee, Esq." <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 20:49:40 -0800
> 1.  went to see an old girl friend today.  boy, was I dumb to break up
> with her.  she is beautiful.

        Yeah Tom, we all have one of those, like our favorite cars, "the one
that got away" that we wish we had now.

> 2.  saw a triumph tr-7 for sale today.  for the paltry sum of $1500, i
> could have drove it away.  I thought those had more than 4 cylinders.

        There were a run of TR-8's in convertible and I believe a hardtop
version also.   Production was in '80 and '81 with a total of 2,815
TR-8's built. They carried the Rover small block 3528cc V-8's.  A lot of
TR-7 owners have converted their cars to the 8 cylinder models, which
are rarer and command a price premium over the 4 bangers.  The cheapest
TR-8 I have ever seen (No. Calif. area) was $5,000.  Saw one the other
day for $8,500.  I have always wanted a TR-8 convertible.  Hope that
doesn't make me an MG traitor)  If you'd like to see more TR-7,8 stuff
check out the World Wide Wedge at
http://triumph.cs.utah.edu/TR8/TR8.html

Steve.
'79 definately not a "flying wedge" Midget.
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."