Re: Why British?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Why British?
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:23:27 -0500
Two influences which turned me on to LBC's...

1) Back in grade school, we got a new Brit gym teacher that got us all
hooked on football (soccer).  He was the coolest teacher ever - and drove an
LBC (hey - I was young - I don't remember whether it was a Healy or a
Triumph)...

2) In my early teen years, my aunt and uncle purchased a '67 MGB-GT.  My
aunt would take me out for my birthday dinner - and always drove the BGT for
that "special occasion" - hey - her other car was a Ford Bic..err...Pinto.
When I got my license (and some experience driving) - I got to drive it a
few times.  Compared to my father's Plymouth Valiant - this was a "race
car"!  They used to drive it in hill climbs and some of the local Corvette
Club races in the Boeing parking lot in Essington, PA.  To me - that car had
a certain mystique.  I was hooked.  When I was looking for a car to replace
one my sister wrecked - my uncle found me a Tartan Red '67 MGB-GT.  Sure
wish I had held on to that one.....

Rich Mason
'73 B
e-mail--> rmason@ro.com