Re: WHY BRITISH?

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: Re: WHY BRITISH?
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 11 Mar 97 14:52:00 PST
My general interest in cars and parts started at about age 3, where I
have very fond memories of standing on a wooden milk crate next to
the engine compartment of Dad's 1957 Ford Wagon, he would patiently
tell me what everything was and what it did.  Other fond memories
were of trips to junkyards and watching Dad tear the Ford's carb
apart on the kitchen table.

My love for British cars started during my sophomore year in college,
when my ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend came to my door and asked
me if I wanted an MG!  It turned out to be an MG 1100 Sports Saloon,
which I bought from them for the princely sum of ONE DOLLAR!  I
plunged in with both feet, getting the little beastie running in
about 2 months, named it Merlin, and drove it until the differential
ring gear exploded and threw shrapnel out the bottom of the oil
pan/tranny housing.

I've graduated to an MGA and an MGB-GT V-8, but I still have a
fondness for the 1100, and wish that I could get in touch with the
folks that sold it to me and thank them.  They have NO idea what
they started!

Cheers, PK

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com