Why British?

To: "_MGS" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Why British?
From: "SLUPECKI A." <ajslupecki@mke9.ra.rockwell.com>
Date: 10 Mar 1997 17:26:46 -0600
Ok....I have been lurking for some time, not because I like to lurk, but
because I am a novice to the world of British cars....

I was learning to drive at about the same time LBC's were exiting the US car
market.  I used to bike to the Triumph and MG dealers a couple miles from my
house before I could drive.  Even in the days of TR-7s and rubber bumber B's,
I wanted nothing but one of these English roadsters.  A high school friend of
mine had a chrome bumber Midget he was refurbing.  He started with the
mechanicals and it looked like cr*p, but we sure had a lot of fun driving it.
The last day of our senior year, about 15 of us carried it up the steps of the
high school and blocked the front doors (seemed like a good idea at the time).
  I finally got my very own MG two summers ago and only wish it were warmer
here in WI to drive it more often...........

Andy Slupecki
78 BRG MGB