Re: Electric Fuel Pumps

To: Mark Sherman <MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pumps
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 14:10:21 +0000
Mark,
Exactly right with the twin fuel pump note. That's what I did to my TD
many moons ago and haven't had a problem since. If one were to go out,
the other would take over the job. It's still a good idea to put fuel
filters in the system or clean out and coat your gas tank. Otherwise,
you'll be forever cleaning out the fine rust sediment at the bottom of
the float bowls, or having the needles stick open. Anyone have
positive experiences regarding heat shields on T-series cars? Vapor
lock on hot days or heavy traffic still a minor problem.

Regards,
Dave Houser