Re: electric fuel pumps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: electric fuel pumps
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 07:15:28 -0500 (EST)
to bob Dougherty

Try one of the newer type auto parts stores, like Parts America, Auto
Supermarket, etc.  They should have the Facet fuel pump hanging on a rack
somewhere in the store.  I truthfully have not walked into a store that didn't
have them.  I'm sure the traditional store where everything is behind the
counter has them to.

the only modifications you need to make are drilling  two holes through the
firewall to bolt the pump to.  When I replaced my pump the holes were already
there.  Maybe in one of its past life's someone had already fitted a
aftermarket pump to my car.  You will probably need two short pieces of 5/16
flexible fuel line to reconnect the lines and maybe alter the end of the
electrical connections.  pump, fuel line and tax should all be under $35.