Electric Fuel Pumps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electric Fuel Pumps
From: Mark Sherman <MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 23:20:04 -0800
Re: The question on how to mount a second fuel pump...
If I recall, the factory specification for the MG TD Mark II (also known
as the TDC or competition model) included a second SU fuel pump.  I
believe that the two pumps were in parallel and had independent lines
from the tank.  On the output side, the fuel lines went to opposite ends
of the two carbs so that one fed each carb and the two carbs maintained
their common connecting line.  Wouldn't this tandem setup provide for
both improved fuel flow and a second pump as a backup?
Why all this talk about a backup fuel pump anyway?  Can't you guys just
rebuild them properly?

Mark Sherman
'53 TD