Re: Electric Fuelpumps

To: n9682696@janice.cc.wwu.edu
Subject: Re: Electric Fuelpumps
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 05:24:16 EST
Robert:-

I'm not sure what modification would be necessary on a B since my
experience is with an A, but there actually should be little or none.
Just get four small hose clamps and about a foot of 5/16 rubber fuel
line.  Cut the rubber fuel line in half and clamp the two pieces to
either end to the fuel pump.  You might not find the fuel pump under the
Facet name-- just ask for a generic electric fuel pump and someone should
show you a small squarish item.  You'll probably be better off physically
going into the store to see what they have, the counter people in car
parts stores are often "know-it-all" types who really don't understand
what you are doing and are negative about it just to get you off the
phone.  In any case, you can clamp the other end of the hoses over either
end of the steel fuel lines without major modification, just make sure
the pump is pumping in the right direction and you don't crimp the hoses
when they are installed.  You will have to find a way to hold the pump in
place, which might mean drilling a couple of holes to mount it.  If I
remember my college days correctly, such a job might end up being done
with baling wire or duct tape until finals were over and I could go home
and steal some of Dad's tools.

Good luck!

David Littlefield
Houston, TX