Re: dimbulbs/pious airs

To: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Subject: Re: dimbulbs/pious airs
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:07:35 -0500
Hi Mike:

I guess I must be a part of the problem here.  I have never felt that any
of the list postings was to be taken other than as absolute truth, an
expression of feeling or a, possibly lame, attempt at humor.  I am probably
guilty of digressing and creating threads which are directly unrelated to
the LBCs we all care about.  However, I felt that I was digressing with
people who care about cars generally and LBCs in particular.  If I have
offended anyone, I apologize.

I too am bewildered by Nolan's post.  I am on a number of other lists as
well and I feel that the warmth and civility on the MG list is second to
none.  There are a few persons who respond in an overtly blunt manner but I
perceive the responses to be more tongue-in-cheek than serious.  I was
guilty of bashing away at techno-speak last week and gave vent to some
frustration regarding directions taken by automotive and other technology,
but I received support for my opinion and have enjoyed a good repartee with
the originator who has asked for more.

I have found the list to be invaluable in technical help but more helpful
in it's ability to let me meet new friends and fellow enthusiasts whose
opinions I respect and enjoy.  I hope that Jarl and Nolan will see things
in this light and if possible would specifically address their concerns so
that we all may do a bit of soul-searching.  If there is a fatal flaw let's
address it.

John McEwen