Trickle Charging

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Trickle Charging
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 19:43:56 -0500
Hello to all-

Thanks to every one who has offered tips on door fit.  I got a lot of
response, and some ideas to pursue.

Another question came to mind today.  Got My J.C. Witless catalog today.
I am not a big fan of most of their stuff, but this caught my eye.  It
is a trickle charger (1Amp) that plugs in to the wall like a cordless
drill charger.  It comes with the traditional big alligator clips, for
connection to the battery posts, but also a cigarette lighter plug.
This seems to be ideal for the maintenance charges that we need to do
when the car is sitting for a couple of weeks.  A bout of spring fever
and a 60 degree day convinced me to take Fergie out of storage a couple
of weeks ago for a 2 hour spin.  Now I await the return of spring,
having dealt with a severe ice storm last week, and sub freezing temps
and the threat of snow this week.  Just went out to the garage and noted
that my clock had stopped so this gadget sounds great for this kind of
need. Sure would beat fumbling to get at the battery all the time.
Anyone have any experience with one?

Best Regards,

Chris Delling

Chris Delling