Re: Trickle Charging

To: mpowell@cstone.net
Subject: Re: Trickle Charging
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:39:01 -0800 (PST)
>  Chris, I have several from J.C. Whit. exactly what you described. I have
> them plugged into a lamp timer, so they go on for two hours a day. The two
> MGB's are hooked up to the lighter,(avoids going after the battery in the
> back)  the other cars by the clips(no lighter) . It seems to work, but I
> recommend the timer switch, as even a steady one amp can overcharge the
> battery if left on for weeks and months steadily  Mike.

I also think that 1 Amp is way too much.  I routinely charge totally dead
batteries overnight at 2 Amps.  They are fully charged the next morning.
If you want something totally carefree, buy a "Battery Tender". It senses
when your battery needs charging and never overcharges.  They are
advertised in many magazine, but prices vary.  Many motorcycle mags have
mailorder ads for the Battery Tender.

                                                           '67 Sprite