Re: Smogging the B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Smogging the B
From: Steve Darby <elan@highfiber.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 22:51:40 -0800
pbailey wrote:

> Why should we HAVE to "play the game"?You don't seem to mind having to
> do all this crap to get to drive your car,I do!! Why do you think
> Quinton Kopp is sponsoring this 25 year bill? Just out of the goodness
> of his heart?No way He got so much heat on his stupid stand on SmogII
> that he is trying to get some votes back.If enough of us raise a big
> stink the politicians will back down if they think they might not get
> re-elected.I also don't trust the sniffers on the side of the road this
> stinks of Big Brotherism but then again I don't believe the majority of
> smog comes from cars I think it comes from stationary sources but the
> car is a good scapegoat It seems you have been brainwashed and it is a
> shame that a fellow LBCer would not have enough huevos to stand up for
> what is only right.
What is right?
Wheather the cars (in CA there are millions) are the major polluters or
the stationary sourses dosn,t really matter. What counts is TRYING to
help get rid of the smog in the San Fernando valley. And THE LAW
allready says that certian that certian devices are REQUIRED on certian
year cars. Do you support the law  (and the US) or not. I do not like
the requirements either but........ thats the way it is.
Go to Germany. ALL cars require catalytic converters and 2 O2 sensors.
You have to buy this kit and put it on your car nomatter the year.
Steve
--
˙WPCN